For people who are frequent travelers’ since years, having annual travel insurance can save from unexpected inconvenience and travel mishaps on road. If you are an enthusiastic traveler without travel insurance, be as enthusiastic for this as you are while unveiling the beautiful plains, rugged terrains and various new destinations.
Read on to know everything about annual travel insurance – What? Why? Where?
What is Annual Travel Insurance?
Not many of us know but having travel insurance is a smart, convenient and economical option for anyone who travels frequently in a year. Why t buy different policies for different tours? Get a common travel insurance policy for a year that covers your entire trips in the issued year.
Who needs to buy an annual travel insurance policy?
As aforesaid, people who are frequent travelers, be it leisure trips or business trips should purchase a travel insurance policy. There are various travel agencies who show you benefits and savings on insuring more than three trips in a year.
So, your company is ensuring your travel for that business trip? No issues, you can still ask for permission to use your annual travel policy while on leisure tours. All your trips are covered successfully, even if your boss is ready to pay for the business trip insurance.
What are the inclusions in your annual travel insurance policy?
- Many travel insurance agencies provide tiered policy plans for annual insurance. To cut it simple, we have broken down the inclusion into different categories you get to choose the plan from:
- A basic plan covering expenses like lodging, meals, etc. due to unexpected delayed in travel, medical costs, evacuation, rental cars and sometimes even baggage coverage.
- A mid-tier plan is offered to frequent travelers covering trip cancellation and interruption in the trip. It adds a minimum amount of trip cancellation.
A top-end plan is a customized plan for business travelers as it includes the widest coverage, even the high coverage limits are covered.
What are the pros and cons of annual travel insurance?
Okay, you are a frequent traveler who knows the importance of having the best annual travel insurance. Despite this fact, we have jotted down all the pros and cons of annual travel insurance to ensure you make an informed decision.
- Convenience: Purchasing travel insurance every time you go on a trip can be quite a hassle instead of doing it once a year is much more convenient.
- Coverage consistency: When you know the level of coverage is the same for all the trips, there will be less confusion while filing claims and buying travel insurance.
- Best for last-minute travel planners: If you frequently book last-minute flights, you need not to worry about the travel insurance. Just go through the print once and you are ready to go.
- Increased savings: Having annual travel insurance saves you a lot of money compared to purchasing individual travel insurance plans.
- Travel emergency coverage: With annual insurance for travel, the travel emergency coverage is automatically applied even if you don’t purchase extensive insurance for trips.
- Dental and medical coverage: Having travel insurance for a year covers all your medical and dental expenses throughout the multiple trips you take in that given year. To cut short, it works as your travel health insurance as well.
- Layer of protection for valuable: If you are someone who travels with valuables like cameras, laptops, etc., your annual insurance will provide you the extra layer of protection.
- Free coverage for kids: Some travel insurance agencies offer free coverage for travelers below the age of 17 years.
- Based on your trip type a and destination, the coverage consistency can go negative. For example, insurance for a weekend trip will offer a different level of coverage than in the case of a two-week safari trip.
- In economical annual plans, trip cancellation coverage may be excluded or limited due to the cost variation in different trips.
- If you face inconvenience or travel mishaps in one or more trip, the pay-out limits of your travel policy with the increase.
- It gets difficult to understand the exact coverage areas offered in annual travel insurance.
- There are certain limits to elements of coverage. Travelers with valuable equipment need to be informed about the caps.
Costs and Availability
Lastly, we would like to give you some idea about the availability and costs of an annual travel insurance policy. Well, the total cost of the annual insurance policy for your trips varies from company to company. Talking about availability, you can even but a travel insurance policy hours or days before your trip. However, do go through the annual travel insurance reviews online before making the final call.
Avail travel insurance for your flight tickets books at Indian Eagle, a popular travel agency offering cheap flight tickets from the USA to India and vice versa.
Also Read: Perfect Places To Travel Alone